We all need something sweet from time to time. And, It’s comforting to know that we can make healthier sweet options to get us through the holiday season approaching us full speed. If you are someone who has to bake for family functions, this is going to be a classic “crowd pleaser recipe.”
- 1) 3 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2) 1 small avocado
- 3) 1 cup almond or cashew butter
- 4) 2 cups chopped pecans
- 5) 10 pitted dates
- 6) 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 7) Handfull of strawberries
- 8) 3 tbsp pf olive oil
- 9) 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
1) First we make the crust of the pie. Add the pecans into processor and pulse, then add dates, cinnamon, and olive oil.
5) Add 1/2 cup melted earth balance butter. Blend.
6) Fill into pie crust. Put into refrigerator and let chill for 3-4 hours.
7) Once ready to serve, slice up some strawberries, to top off the pie.
This recipe has been tweaked a bit from Nourishing Meals Cook Book
~The change for growth is infinite~ Georgia