This is a fabulous recipe filled with Fall time colors!! As we head into the cooler months, now is when we crave those warm stews and soups! You may even want to consider cooking this meal in bulk for the week! This Coconut Chicken Curry recipe is best served with brown rice or quinoa. You could also just eat as a soup/or stew. If you rather make a soup- add 1/2 can more of coconut milk and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Chicken for 4 or 6 (Cut into chunks)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp of Curry powder
- 1 can of light Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp Almond or cashew butter
- 1 tsp of cumin
- fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp of ginger powder
- VEGGIES (any kind works!) (3 yukon gold potatoes, 3 carrots stalks, 1/3 bag of green beans, 1.5 cups of cauliflower- Chop everything up into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup of water
1) Gather all of your ingredients/most of your ingredients.
2) Chop all vegetables and set aside. Then cut chicken into bite size pieces, and throw in a skillet with a bit of olive oil.
3) Heat another pot with olive oil, add mustard seeds and cumin.
4) When seeds start to pop then quickly add red flakes & curry, then the coconut milk & water. (Have it ready!!!)
5) Next add in the almond or cashew butter. Use a whisk to help mix it in.
6) Grate in fresh ginger, or throw in powdered ginger.
7) Now throw in your veggies, and let it cook for 25-30 minutes.
8) Then throw in your cooked chicken, and let cook for another 5 minutes.
9) Serve over Rice or Quinoa. 🙂
~The change for growth is infinite~ Georgia