Indian food is my by far my favorite. It’s bubbling with spice and flavor.
And yes, I fed indian food to my 11 month old baby; She loved it! This is a quick & easy recipe to bring the taste of indian food into your home. Indian food is full of great nutrition!
[Usually I make my sauce (the longer version of this recipe) which includes ingredients like tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, cumin, curry, coriander etc… ] I will be sure to post the sauce in another recipe!
- Ground Turkey, or Chicken (cut into bite size chunks)
- 1 onion
- mini Yukon gold potatoes
- Brown Basmati Rice/ or Quinoa
- ANY indian paste or pre-maid sauce. (Tikka Masala or Korma tend to be mild and not “spicy” in flavor) If you like spicy then try vindaloo or curry.
- You may need sour cream or yogurt
Step 1: Gather all your ingredients first! Then doing any chopping (onions/potatoes/chicken)
Step 2 (photo above “#1” ): cook the meat w/ chopped up onion.
Step #2: Boil potatoes (if you can only find big Yukon gold potatoes then chop them up first)
Step #4: start cooking rice or quinoa.
Step 1 (photo above): Once the meat is fully cooked add in your indian sauce. If you bought an indian paste add 2 table spoons and water (read label). Mix together and add in frozen peas.
Step 2: Add in cooked potatoes and mix together.
Step 3: Taste test for flavor. If the dish is to spicy for your liking simply add 2 spoonfuls of yogurt or sour cream. And mix for consistency and preference.
YAY! now put cook riced/quinoa in a bowl and covered with your delicious indian sauce 🙂
~The chance for growth is infinite!~ Georgia
- 2013 Is International Year For Quinoa (prnewswire.com)
- Sweet Potato and Pea Curry (yumbotumbo.com)