A blog milestone! A nomination for the LIEBSTER AWARD!! Woohooo! Such exciting news! It means a great deal to be recognized and nominated by a fellow blogger! The word liebster is german, meaning “favorite.” Seriously, what an honor to be nominated as a favorite blog. Thank you kindly to Hannah at Pocketful of Motherhood for the nomination. 🙂
Hannah’s blog is amazing! Her blog is dedicated to her faithful journey of motherhood and includes many helpful & inspiring tips 🙂
The guidelines for this award:
- 1. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- 2. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- 3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
- 4. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
- 5. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- 6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- 7. No tag backs.
My 11 Random Facts
- 1. I pinch my cheeks for a natural blush look.
- 2. I’ve spent every summer (except the past two) in Northern Ontario on Lake Temagami canoe tripping and enjoying the wilderness and rugged side of life.
- 3. I have a tattoo of a maple leaf on my left foot to keep me grounded and remind me of my time spent in Canada living a simple free-spirited life.
- 4. I prefer hard cider over beer.
- 5. I was diagnosed with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) in the 7th grade and have spent a good portion of my life being anxious and overcoming my fears.
- 6. I’m obsessed with Native American Astrology & culture.
- 7. I write my own songs and play guitar.
- 8. I’m a neat freak…even with a baby. It poses some challenges 🙂
- 9. I love everything about the Theatre. I love to act, sing, dance, and direct. I have always been casted in controversial roles and truly enjoy it (for example Helen Keller, a pregnant drug addict, a molested lesbian…) I also directed a play about the theological question of afterlife.
- 10. I could eat indian food everyday of my life.
- 11. Some aspirations: 1) To be in a movie, 2) Write & publish my memoir, and 3) Open up a retail shop selling pastes and salves I’ve made from plants.
My responses to the questions given by Hannah
1. What is your favorite movie of all time? Anchorman. I know, I really wanted to write down some powerful movie, but…. Will Farrell is a genius.
2. Who inspires you? My family.
3. Do you prefer chocolate desserts or fruity desserts? 100 % Chocolate. My favorite dessert is Chocolate Lava cake.
4. What is your favorite saying or quote? I have two:
The unexamined life is not worth living- Socrates
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it – Mother Teresa
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Ireland. I’m a Scotts-Irish girl dying to see my homeland.
6. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I’m not a huge ice cream lover, but classic Chocolate.
7. What is the last book you read? The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman. It’s an inspiring and life changing book.
8. Are you a dog person or a cat person? Dogs. Here is a really funny video: Cat Friend vs Dog Friend
9. What is one of your hobbies? Cooking.
10. Mountain hideaway or beach house? Mountain hideaway. The sand would start to bother me after the first day.
11. What is your favorite cereal? I buy Kashi brands, but deep deep down the kid in me will always love Berry Berry Kix.
- Sew In Love
- Another Day, Another Diaper
- Mommy Training Wheels
- No Time for Ironing
- Being Mummy
- The Dissocial Mom
- Close Families
- Vanity Mom
My Questions to the Nominees
- 1. If you could have any superhero power what would it be?
- 2. What is a favorite childhood memory you have?
- 3. What is the last song you listened to?
- 4. What is your favorite color?
- 5. If you had a to fight a dinosaur, which one would you want to fight?
- 6. Big city or small town?
- 7. Whats your favorite restaurant?
- 8. What can’t you live without?
- 9. What drives you bonkers?
- 10. Would you rather repeat an awesome vacation or go somewhere new?
- 11. Shower or Bath?
If you choose to participate, I hope you find the experience as enjoyable as I did! A big thanks again to Hannah for the nomination, and to all the nominees for your inspiring blogs!
~The chance for growth is infinite!~ Georgia