Planning can be overwhelming. Who do you invite? How long should the party last? The cake, the invitations, the theme…oh and scheduling around snacks and naps… exhale.
The first birthday is special. Granted, it’s not like they will remember it or anything, but it’s still special. A right of passage for both the parents and baby. “Veteran” parents.
Helpful questions and Tips for planning:
1. How many people do you need to invite? Is that number Small or big?
2. Party at home or renting a place?
3. Choose a day & time. (Usually afternoon before or after nap and I would not make party longer than 90 minutes).
4. Theme. Pick theme after a favorite book or toy.
5. Invitations. (homemade or buy?) – Check out photos below for a “how to” invitations.
5. Supplies: Snacks, plates, napkins, plasticware, cups, decorations.
6. The cake.
7. The party:
- Friends & family gathered around playing with birthday girl/boy
- Cake & photos
- opening gifts
- playing with gifts and more visiting
How to: Ladybug invitations
- hole punch
- stamp collection
- White card stock & red construction paper
- Rubber cement
- Cup (for tracing)
1. Trace cup onto white card stock for circles. Cut out the circles.
2. Cut halves out from red construction paper.
3. Glue down and hole punch at top.
4. String ribbon through hole and tie a bow.
5. Stamp or write on the front ” NAME turns 1!”
6. Use a sharpie to draw on ladybug dots.
7. On the back stamp: When, where, what, time, & RSVP
~The chance for growth is infinite!~ Georgia