Let me preface by telling you that my parents are NOT quinoa fans…but when I made these bad boys they wanted another. Yup. That good my friends. That good. This recipe can make up to 12 patties. I always have 6 burgers left over that I set aside in tupperware and cook throughout the week for lunch or dinner. So while this recipe may take 40 minutes to make it will last you for the week! Totally worth it.
You can adapt the recipe by adding things…
- Quinoa (2 cups cooked)
- 4 Eggs
- Red onion & yellow onion (up to you how much)
- Goat cheese & Feta (1/2 cup)
- Arugala (for topping)
- Basil & Chives (1/4 cup each)
- Garlic bread crumbs (1 cup)
- Garlic (4 cloves)
- Olive oil (table spoon for cooking)
Dressing (optional): Totally unhealthy…totally worth it.
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1. Ranch packet
- Curry (2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup mayo
- Extra chives
Corn & Bean relish (Optional):
- 1 can Black beans
- Corn (1 can, 1 cup frozen, or cut off the cob)
- 1 yellow onion (diced small)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced small)
- 2 tomatoes (diced small)
- 3 table spoons of Apple cider vinegar
- 1 table spoon of oil
- 1/2 table spoon of agave nectar
1. Cook quinoa- cooks just like rice. 1 cup quinoa is close to 2 cups cooked. You put 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water in a pot, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Combine cooked quinoa, eggs, salt, pepper, chives, basil, diced onions, cheese, and garlic into a bowl and mix ingredients together.
3. Add bread crumbs and let sit.
4. Dressing: In a bowl add buttermilk, ranch packet, curry spice, and chives. Mix really well. (set aside)
5. Corn relish: add everything together in a bowl and mix together. (set aside).
4. Heat oil in pan, and make patties with the mixture. Cook with cover 7-10 minutes until patties are brown and look delicious. 🙂
4. Flip and cook 7-10 minutes on the other side until brown.
5. Stack your quinoa burger on a gluten free bun with some arugala, curried dressing, and black bean corn relish. YUM!
4 Comments Add yours
ABSOLUTELY trying these – I am thinking they might be fun in a lunch box too!
Oh great idea! You’ll have to tell me what you think!! 🙂
Absolutely! Although I think I am a little afraid of how addicted to that dressing I will be….
Haha! Yes it’s deliciously addicting. Although admittedly I only found myself putting the dressing on my burger.. so I hope that’s a good thing. 🙂