Asking your partner questions is critical for a long lasting loving marriage. It’s important to communicate and to continue working on communication, because the truth is we can always become better communicators.
The exercise is about listening. When my husband and I did this exercise it took us roughly 3-4hours. (Granted we were on a long train ride). Briefly replying just to get through the exercise is not the point.
Here are some of the Questions we found most profound
- What makes you happiest/most fulfilled as a woman/man?
- What makes you happiest/most fulfilled as a wife/husband?
- What makes you happiest/most fulfilled as a mother/father?
- What makes you saddest as a woman/man?
- What makes you saddest as a wife/husband?
- What makes you saddest as a mother/father?
- What do you fear the most?
- What do you look forward to ?
- How much sleep do you need?
- What do you consider to be your skills?
- What do you believe to be your spiritual gifts?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What things need repairing?
- What chores/responsibilities do you like/need my help with?
- What intimate things do you enjoy the most? enjoy the least?
- What action of mine provides you the greatest sexual pleasure?
- What other things stimulate you sexually?
- What times do you need my assurance of my love the most?
- What can I do that will make it easier to discuss and work on areas or problems that are uncomfortable for you?
- What concerns do you have that I do not seem interested in?
- What desires do you have that we haven’t discussed?
- What do you enjoy doing with me the most?
- What things can I do that show my appreciation of you?
- What varying desires (spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual, social, worth, recreational, security..) would you like me to provide?
- In what ways would you like me to sacrifice for you?
- What things do you see by my actions that I place first in my life?
- What concerns/interests of yours would you like me to support?
- How much time would be good for us to spend together each day ?
- What can I do that provides the greatest comfort and encouragement for you when you are hurt, fearful, anxious, or worried?
- What ways demonstrate to you that you are a very important person who is as important or more important than I am?
To see the full list of questions visit Zack Terry’s Blog