Painting. Sensory Activity
Curriculum category: Art/Crafts
Painting is a great sensory activity to do with toddlers and kids of all ages. It allows them to explore colors and senses by touching and mixing the paint. This activity also allows them to express themselves, be creative, and just let loose! Getting messy shows that you don’t have to be perfect and that sometimes life is messy 🙂 Have fun!
- washable paint (age appropriate)
- Empty egg carton if you don’t have a pallet
- Paint brushes
- bowl for water
- big sheets of paper
- drop cloth or something to cover ground
- Something your child can wear you don’t mind getting messy!
- A station ready for cleaning afterwards!
1) I demonstrated how to use a paint brush and that it was okay to use her fingers and get messy.
Side note: I’ve been approved for Top Mommy blogs! Soooo, if you enjoy reading my posts please vote for me by clicking the “top mommy blogs” logo located at the bottom of the blog or in the right side menu bar. Thanks guys! 🙂