Curriculum category: Matching/Science
This is a really easy D.I.Y animal matching game. I have labeled the activity into “science” because their learning about different animals. I like to tell McKinley little facts about the different animals as we match them. This activity is also great for building and enhancing memory. Also, hands on.
Supplies (for making):
- Note cards
- Printed out pictures of animals
- Glue/rubber cement
- Mini animal set (you can purchase at Joann Fabrics)
Directions for matching games:
1) Once you’ve put the cards together it’s time to play some matching games!
2) You can set up all the animals and show your toddler a flash/note card and have them pick out the matching animal.
3) You can also, layout all the note/flash cards and have your toddler pick out the corresponding animal and put on the appropriate matching card.