The other night I had company over (not a normal occurrence) and I looked in my fridge and let out a sigh. Ugh there is nothing to eat. At this point it was to late for grocery trips. So, I had to make do.
I ended up making chicken stuffed with a tomato/basil goat cheese spread baked in stewed tomatoes with sautéed onions and fresh basil. Uhh… yum. Oh yeah, with yukon gold potatoes and a simple side salad.
Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 45mins
- Chicken Breasts
- 1 package of Tomato/basil goat cheese
- 1 can of Hunts stewed tomatoes
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Shredded Motz and parmesan (but you can use anything)
- Fresh basil
1. Take chicken pieces and create pockets or slices in them.
2. Stuff chicken breasts with goat cheese
3. Let Olive oil heat in a pan, then add the Chopped onion and sauté for 3 mins.
4. Add stuffed chicken breasts and sear them on both sides.
5. grease bottom of a baking dish that is at least 2qt thick.
6. Place chicken breasts inside baking dish, and pour can of Hunts stewed tomatoes over top
7. Add onions on top.
8. Sprinkle cheeses on top and fresh basil.
9. Place in the oven at 400 for 45mins.
10. Enjoy with a simple side salad (spinach and cut up avocado).
I forgot to get an end picture! Arg! Anyways it was a simple delicious meal with random items. Make do!!
(Still no decorations up and the first snow fall is making me feel even more behind. Seriously Target, stop with the holiday music it’s the 12th).
3 Comments Add yours
This whole meal does look so tasty and healthy!! Yum 🙂
This was so good!!!
Thank you!!! I’m glad you enjoyed it!! Brought me a big smile.