Curriculum: Color Sorting Activity
This is a fun activity to do with your toddler! This exercise helped McKinley learn her colors and it kept her entertained for a solid 20 minutes.
- Cupcake tin pan (any size)
- Colored foam
- Small container to hold objects or shapes
1) Take cupcake tin and glue down, or stick on foam color to the bottom.
2) Choose a different color for each cupcake space.
3) Collect different object small enough to fit into cupcake spaces, or cut out different shapes of the colored foam.
4) Place objects in a separate container.
5) Always do a demonstration first.
6) Set container beside cupcake tin and have them sort the colors!